Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hey Y'all! How's it going??? Everybody had a pretty good week??? Did you exercise and eat healthy? Just checking on ya! Yesterday and today were my day's off.. yeah I know my work schedule stinks! Just trusting God will open another door soon and just thankful for right now I have a job! So yesterday I was really excited because typically when I wake up I am sluggish and tired and have 0 energy! Yesterday I woke up and I had some energy. I cleaned my whole house and it felt great! I was just go go go all day long. It has been a long time since I did that! Last night I made Shrimp Quesadillas ww points of 10 for two with 2 tbl of sour cream and salsa.. they were delish.
I have been asked for the recipe so here it is:

Shrimp Quesadillas:

4 med whole wheat flour tortillas
3/4 lbs of shrimp deveined ( i buy the frozen ones at Walmart for like $5.00)
2 cups of spinach (raw)
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 onion chopped
mozzarella cheese

Directions :
Take the shrimp and cut in half than put in a pan with a little E.V.O.O like a tbs  let heat up a tad and than add the shrimp. With the shrimp add a pinch of salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and Cajun or soul seasoning. This can be as much or as little as you want. We like things hot so we went a little hotter you may not. Let that cook, tossing often till shrimp is done. Put into a bowl and set to the side.

Next add the garlic and onion to the pan and let cook till onion is tender and done and garlic is smelling. Than add the spinach and let cook down be sure to lower the heat as you do not want to burn the spinach.
Once that is cooked down than turn set aside.

Pull out a flour tortilla be sure to put a little spray in the pan to avoid burning or sticking than add a spoonful of shrimp and spinach mixture and a tbl of mozzarella cheese on one side. When one side is done flip to the other side till done.

You can add 2 tbs of reg sour cream and some salsa to this if you like.

10 pt  for two with salsa and sour cream. ENJOY!

You will be surprised how filling it is! I loved it and chad did too!

OK that was it for last night!
Much love to you all!
Francine Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment