Thursday, January 24, 2013

Some Christmas pictures and Thursday happenings!

A while back when it was Christmas I meant to show you some pictures of my presents that I got and I just forgot soooooo here you go! 


My Keurig tea/coffee pot LOVE LOVE LOVE! 
                                                     
      My PRIZE the I have dreamed of this forever gift. My beautiful RED Kitchen Aid mixer! I cried yall! There were tears!                                                                

            Pink 3ds! Love and yes I am addicted to it! 
                                     
  3 pre-seasoned iron skillets! LOVE!




 Today I went to the grocery store to get the next week's worth of groceries... got to say I like shopping for 7 days at a time versus two weeks. Anyway wanted to show you how I do some things to help cut down on time in the week. First of all I have a menu that I plan so I know already in advance what we will be having for dinner every night and what is available for lunch and breakfast if wanted. I want to get in practice so when we have children this will just be routine for me. 

I also chop all my vegtables up like my peppers, strawberries, and ect..... that way I can grab and go. I always buy two roasted chickens and de-bone them for quick recipes or soups through out the week.




I buy spinach raw and organic half and half mix salad which has arugula, spinach, red lettuce and a few other kinds in it. This is really good. I just slip it into a zip lock back and as I close I squeeze all the air out of the bag. It helps the lettuce last longer. 




It just makes it easier for you to fix dinners and less excuse for why you can't make some at home. Also if you like salt you fine grade sea salt it is much better than regular salt but still don't go crazy with it either! 
Tonight for dinner we had chicken burgers and baked sweet potato fries. Recipe is below the picture but man they were good! Excellent tast and trust me you won't miss the beef! Try them once before you decide! 
 Sassy chicken burgers (my title)

1 pack of ground chicken 
seasonings(salt,pepper, soul seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic power and onion power)
***use as much of the seasoning or as little all up to you****
2 sweet red bell peppers either in jar or fresh chopped little
1 garlic cloves chopped fine
1 egg
1/4 cup panko seasoning i  use whole wheat
Mix all this together NOTE it will be loose and sticky so don't be alarmed. Be sure to add the egg and panko to this mixture as well! 
Form your patties and wrap in tin foil and put in freezer for about 20 mint so that get just a little firm. 
Take out of freezer and pan fry or bake. I pan fry mine with a little olive oil. Till done but still juicy and tender.  
We add spinach, tomato's and thin slice of mozzarella cheese as well as light may, mustard and a little ketchup. 
Whole wheat bun. 

We usually do all sweet potatoes bake fries but we only had one sweet potatoes so i did it with 2 red potatos as well. Everything on my plate there is around 10 pts for all of it! 

Now on to something else I did my workout for the first time tonight and I was excited to get through it! Little baby steps folks little baby steps. I hope that you are all having a great week and looking forward to a good weekend. Looks like we may be getting some freezing rain tonight. Curious to see what actually happens. 
Much love to you all! 
Francine 

No comments:

Post a Comment